I’m Only Happy When It Rains
It’s been raining in Boston for what seems like a month straight–with only a day or two of relief here and there in between the omnipresent gray drear. I’m more than tired of it and aching for summer sun, but thought I would try to look for a silver lining in all of these clouds, and put together a list of things to enjoy in the rain:
1. Sleeping in and spending the weekend in pajamas.
2. Wearing bright rainboots and splashing in the puddles.
3. Sitting in a coffeeshop, writing and drinking lattes, watching the passersby grapple with umbrellas.
4. Prowling the bookstore or library, finding the perfect book, and curling up with it, a mug of tea, and some cookies.
6. Taking a long drive down a deserted 2-lane road.
7. Going to the movies.
8. Damning it all and wearing a sundress anyway.
Here’s to hoping for a sunny weekend, but enjoying the rain while it’s here!
~image courtesy of Flickr user Emmanuel Tabard