A Long Weekend
2012 May 29
This weekend, I:
- Saw Moonrise Kingdom. Loved it. Go see it when it comes out in your town!
- Ate a salty pimp from Big Gay Ice Cream Shop. Worth the 15 minute wait in line.
- Picked out new sunglasses. Can’t wait until they’re ready!
- Caught up with friends we hadn’t seen in a while.
- Wore a new maxi dress I bought from a street market a few weeks ago:
- Ate an amazing dinner at Colonie and got to watch it get cooked right in front of me!
- Took Chief for a walk to see the Tall Ships in New York Harbor for Fleet Week.
- Got a bad sunburn on said walk. Wear sunscreen, friends!
- Also discovered a new favorite running route along the waterfront and through Brooklyn Bridge Park.
- Went running.
- Ate fried green tomatoes and delicious fried chicken at Peaches Hot House in Bed-Stuy on a double date.
- Drank beer.
- Slept late.
- Finished reading What the World Will Look Like When All the Water Leaves Us. A great story collection!
- Watched all the episodes of Girls. I think I like it.
- Saw exhibits on Early Egyptian art, Islamic art, and Prada/Schiaperelli (more on that to come) at the Met.
- Ate fro-yo for dinner.
- Gave thanks to our veterans and soldiers.
All in all, a great weekend. It’s not easy to get back into the swing of work and responsibilities, but that’s life!
What did you all do for Memorial Day?