Things That Made Me Happy This Week 3.12.16
I’ve been feeling down for a while now. It could be the weather, it could be loneliness, it could be any number of things, both tangible and not. But there are still so many things that make me smile (mostly puppies) that I thought it might be fun to keep track of them on the blog (also because it would give me another reason to come back to this space more frequently) and share them with you all in the hopes that maybe some of these things will make you smile too. Here’s the list from this week!
- This video of Justin Trudeau (Canadian Prime Minister) and some baby pandas, because I can’t with American politics at the moment.
- I’d heard this story before, but it was on NPR while I was driving this weekend and it made me laugh again and it’s wonderful.
- I made this sweet potato, brussels sprouts, chicken, and apple hash for dinner this week, and it was really, really good.
- I inherited this awesome vintage bar cart from my great aunt and uncle’s house.
- There’s a place near my sister’s house called Mesa Grill and the staff is SO friendly and the food is SO good and I had breakfast there Sunday morning and it was the best.
- The bananas beautiful spring weather we’re having in New England.
- American Crime Story: The People Vs. OJ. I’m so captivated by this show–I love everything about it (except for gratuitous Kardashians). It’s one of the only shows I try to sit down and watch while it’s actually on. This week’s episode focused on the sexism Marcia Clark had to deal with was especially good.
- Helen Oyeyemi gave a reading at Harvard Bookstore this week and I went and I loved her. She was so charming and honest and thoughtful and just lovely. I bought her new book and read the first story while having a drink at a bar afterwards (because it’s important to take yourself out on proper dates) and loved it, so I’m looking forward to reading the rest (when it comes up in the Bookshelf Project!).
- Restaurant Club! A few friends and I treated ourselves to a nice dinner at Myers & Chang on Thursday night and we hope to make it a regular thing. I love going to new restaurants–it’s one of my favorite things. But being single, I don’t always have the opportunity to do that. I like the idea of making an effort to explore new places with people I enjoy on a regular basis.
That’s it for this week! What’s making you happy this week?